Hi Friends! Sorry for the lack of recipe this week. Trust me, I’m planning on making it up this week. Three Recipes this week. You heard me, three! We are gonna gear up for the Super Bowl and get you set up with the perfect Party Menu for the Big Game. So here is how this is gonna work, three days this week (Today, Wednesday and Thursday) I’ll be adding a new Game Day Recipe. Make one or make all three for the party on Sunday (I know I am going to making all three!). So check back a few times this week for more updates. They are all delicious! First up, Nachos!
About my third year in college, my bestie and I decided we wanted to make nachos at her apt. There was a large group of ladies over and the wine was flowing (and we had all just purchased the complete boxed collection of Sex and The City DVDs), and we figured the best strategy for Nachos was in the oven on a cookie sheet (rather than a few plates in the microwave). While we certainly weren’t the only people in the world to think of this brilliant strategy, this was 2009 and we figured that we had just discovered something pretty fantastic! Its been my go-to for large groups since ’09, and I am never looking back. If you’ve never made Nachos in the oven, try it this week. Your life won’t ever be the same.
The baking sheet Nacho game is simple (and highly adaptable for your tastes / toppings desires). I went vegetarian with these but you could easily add steak or chicken, or pulled pork would be awesome. Basically the rules are simple, add your chips and any toppings that should be heated (including cheese). Minimum two layers.
Pop your Nachos into a preheated oven, and prep your other toppings. I went with more cheese, a quick pico de gallo, avocado, thinly sliced radishes, jalapeños and more cheese. Once your cheese is just melted (keep an eye on them) pop them out and add the rest of your toppings to taste. Simple, feeds a crowd, game over.
- - 1 bag of restaurant-style tortilla ships
- - sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- - 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (you will have leftovers)
- - 1 15oz can corn, drained and rinsed (you will have leftovers)
- - pico de gallo or salsa of choice
- optional toppings:
- - queso blano or cojita cheese, crumbled
- - jalapeno, sliced thin
- - crema or sour cream
- - 1 avocado, cubed
- - radishes, sliced thin
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- on a foil-lined baking sheet, layer one layer of tortilla chips, cheese, black beans, and corn (if using). repeat for at least one more layer.
- prep all other ingredients
- pop tray of Nachos into oven, watch them carefully! I left mine in until the cheese was just melted (about 6 minutes)
- once cheese is melted, remove Nachos from oven.
- either top the Nachos with the rest of your toppings (as pictured) or leave toppings out for your guests to prep their servings as they wish.
Happy Super Bowl friends! Be sure to check back later this week for Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas and Honey Glazed Buffalo Wings to complete your Super Bowl Menu. Enjoy! Love, M.