Welcome to the Weekend! Did anyone else stay in all day and watch Francis and Claire Underwood slay on House of Cards? I may have stayed in all day and watched the entire season. Not ashamed. We had a burst of cold weather and snow here on Friday, so staying in all day and keeping warm was my Saturday agenda. The Underwoods and Wolfie kept me company, and I whipped up some spicy instant ramen that was so easy, I just have to share.
The key that made this ramen so simple was a few packages of instant ramen from Whole Foods. I picked these up on a whim a while back, and haven’t had the opportunity to try them out. Before you get scared off, this is a far cry from the orange packages of chicken flavored ramen that we all ate in college. For this bowl, I went with the Tofu Miso flavor.
Ready in 4 Minutes, I topped mine with a soft cooked 7 minute egg, and a few pieces of Shrimp. Added a bit of Sriracha for heat and threw on some chopped scallions. You could top yours with whatever protein and veggies you have. The possibilities are endless here. Next time I think I’ll add Mushrooms and maybe experiment with other types of Protein.
- - 1 package Koyo Instant Ramen (or other)
- - 1 egg, cooked to your liking (hard of soft boiled, fried or poached)
- - 3 to 4 shrimp, boiled
- - scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- - sriracha or chili sauce, to taste (optional)
- cook egg to your liking
- cook ramen as directed on the package. for 4 minutes in 1 and ½ cup water
- add peeled and deveined shrimp during last 3 minutes of cooking ramen, directly into the ramen pot
- assemble ramen and cooked egg, top with scallions and hot sauce
While your Ramen cooks, take a look at this awesome graphic comparison of Instant Ramen by Lucky Peach. Let me know in comments if you make this Ramen, or if you create your own. What toppings did you use? I’d love to hear. As always, Enjoy! Love, M.