Happy Labor Day Weekend! BBQs, Pool Parties and finishing off the last of the Rosé. If you’re having a party and looking for a dip to add to your menu, look no further. One of the things that is always in my fridge is Greek Yogurt. Not the fruity kind, but the plain tangy kind. I am totally addicted to Sour Cream (blame my taco-loving, Souther Cali family) but when I am trying to be a bit healthy, I like to swap Greek Yogurt for the Sour Cream, thus… I always have it around.
I also love it instead of the ubiquitous hummus party dip, or lets be honest, as a one person lunch with pita chips. I can’t get enough of it. Give this loaded Greek Yogurt dip a try, and if you’re a hummus person — you might just make the swap too.
Like Hummus, this dip is all about the toppings. Go a little crazy and pick things that you love. I went with Cucumbers, Grape Tomatoes, Avocado, a sprinkle of flaky Salt, and a swirl of Basil Vinaigrette (from last week’s post, which can be found here. I toasted up some Pita Chips, made from store bought pita, and was party ready in 10 mins or so. And yes, it was just a party with me and Wolf this time, but you get the picture.
- *the ingredients listed here are for one person, scale accordingly if you're feeding a crowd
- - 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- - ½ Avocado, Cubed
- - small handful Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- - 1 small Persian Cucumber
- - 1 tablespoon Basil Vinaigrette
- - drizzle of good olive oil and a pinch of flaky Sea Salt (like Maldon)
- - pita chips
- Toast your Pita Chips if making yourself
- Assemble Yogurt on the bottom of your plate and top with whatever goodies you like
- Finish with a drizzle of good Olive Oil and some Salt
Have a wonderful long weekend friends. Enjoy! Love, M.